Sunday, December 27, 2009

Kathy's Visit, Bowl Game, Break.


I checked my grades for this semester and OMGEE, I did so much better than I thought I did. I managed to get an A in Algebra, and Bs in Humanities and Speech. I honestly thought I was going to get Cs across the board. =] Yay me! Now I'm waiting for the notice letter to see if I get into MCPHS. *cross fingers*


Kathy's visit was so short and I begged her to stay longer but unfortunately she has work and stuff so she couldn't stay... I was hoping the intense snow storm that was going on would intensify more but it didn't. It's okay I guess.. I'll be seeing her again very soon. =]
The first night...or maybe it was the second night... Kathy and her mom arrived, my mommy and aunt took them to eat on International Drive. I forgot how crazy Kathy can get and that just made me even more crazy, haha! I honestly don't remember how long ago that I had this much fun with someone partially because I became very selective with the people I want to be around and keep around. Sometimes it's hard to just let go with certain people around... I don't know maybe it's just me, but I felt like I was four years old again when Kathy, her sister, and I would hang out pretty much every weekend as my mommy takes her mom and us places around Massachusetts. The amazing part is that we clicked back right away as if the years we've been apart didn't matter, LOL. I swear we were obnoxious as ever when we had pho one night. I had my algebra take home test/finals review with me, Kathy is helping me with it, and we're being the loudest people there. It was like we were on a sugar high laughing like no tomorrow. The time Kathy was here was a week I've laughed the most in a while...probably since high school. =]





My only complaint is having to leave mid-week for the St. Petersburg Bowl game while she was here. I was gone for three days and it seemed forever... I mean while I was in class I felt like I haven't seen her in years LOL. We were inseparable haha. The night before I left meant a lot to me because out of nowhere we started talking and we were pouring our hearts out about our childhood...things that none of us knew about each other. It felt that she didn't have to think twice about telling me about things that she normally wouldn't tell people and she's a great person to talk to minus the fact that she can fall asleep in less than three seconds from hitting the pillow, LMAO! I wish we had more time to spend together and it became even shorter when I was away in St. Pete. And this girl spoiled me rotten when it comes to shopping, before she arrived, she picked me up a Gilly Hicks hoodie that I've been DYING to get. The only Gilly Hicks store is at Natick Mall in Massachusetts (well there are more other places but that's the only one I know...and the one in Aventura Mall that's a billion miles away from me way down South of Florida) and the last time I was in Boston, I didn't get anything and she surprised me with one! Since we've been hitting the malls like crazy and her Ralph Lauren shower gel had something to do with this, I wanted the Ralph Lauren perfume...(the one that comes in blue, orange, and purple) I wanted the blue one, and before she left, she got me the whole gift set. She's one of the rare individuals that would fight me for the bills... for lunch at Cheesecake Factory, she almost jumped and bite me for the check but I won! And then when I offered to pay her back for the perfume, she nearly raped me trying to shove money in my jeans, IN THE STORE! She also threatened me that she was going to pay her half for Blue Man Group and IOA. I mean, I rarely encounter these people anymore that would fight me for checks and offers to pay their half on the littlest things. That's the kind of person I am too... whatever it is I like to pay for my half or else I won't go anywhere. I promise the next time she visits again, I'm hiding her wallet and cards before we go anywhere.


SECRET SANTA!

Lookie! My Secret Santa gift from Vickie! I pretty much ate all the chocolate already and can't wait to use the masks. THANK YOU SO MUCH! And I thank Pink for organizing the Secret Santa gift exchange. =]


The St. Pete Bowl game was fun...my only complaint is that it had to be when Kathy was here to visit. I had to leave her with my mommy and Bobo for THREE DAYS! We texted so much while I was gone and I constantly sent her pictures of everything I saw. Well most of everything, I think the iPhone is so slow at taking pictures and sending them... I don't know, ha.

I roomed with Lesline, Jessica, and Kirstin and had one of the best views ever! If only our room had a balcony!

Waking up to the sunrise is absolutely stunning. I wish I was able to see the sunset but it had been cloudy, rainy, and icky the days we were there...except for the last day, it was cold but super sunny. It didn't stop people from going to the beach but the only time I was on the beach was during circles, when the whole band met at the beach before Battle of the Bands. And of course, UCF won Battle of the Bands, hell yeah! =]]



Band Banquet was held during the trip which is super awesome! I think it was a GENIUS idea to have the banquet at a trip. It was super fun getting ready with a bunch of people in the room rather than at home. And I thank Kathy so much for going on a last minute dress shopping trip with me. I literally left practice the night before I had to leave for St. Pete at 6pm and headed to the mall to find a dress. And the dress went well with my DSK Jewelry that I wore with it. ♥ Dinner was very nice and fancy too... it was super funny how some of us were figuring out how to "eat fancy"...especially Lesline, haha, "I've never been to such a fancy setting like this before, how do I use these?" I loved watching her eat and our conversation of what the alfalfa was doing in our salad. "It taste like grass, try it without the dressing." I don't know why Lesline knows what grass taste like...lmao.



The following day was the Bowl Game and I haven't been to the Tropicana Field in TWO years, since I was a senior in high school.


We unfortunately lost the game but making it to the Bowl game was all that mattered for me. Performing was the highlight... I had such a blast and had the best show ever since becoming a Marching Knight. I've learned so much, met tons of great and positive people, and had so much fun. It makes me feel so proud that I made the decision to march and experience what it is like to be part of a college marching band. I really wish I am able to continue marching...there are some days that I dread going to practice but the fun I gained was just like the first time I join Colonial's marching band--full of surprises, not knowing what is going on, or knowing what to do. Most of all, I got to reunite with my high school besties and experiencing this first time with them. I'm going to miss everyone and everything. =]

1 comment:

  1. glad you had fun, it really looks like you did too! all of you look so gorgeous on the pics! and wooaahh beach and sun... haven't seen that in a while!

    loves

    ReplyDelete