A way overdue post.
I've been slacking so much with blogging...I have so many drafts saved and I wish that the process of uploading pictures with blogger is better than the limit of five per upload...Anyway.

A few weeks back when the weather started to become better and more steady, Kathy and her mom invited my mom, grandma, and me over for a pre-summer barbeque. Pre-summer because it wasn't officially summer yet. As if I don't eat enough already in Boston, it's an absolutely challenge for me to maintain weight let alone trying to lose...which is what Kathy and I have been doing. We don't workout as much as we eat together haha. So far we're ran blocks together, done zumba classes, and made lists to keep each other motivated. Going back on subject, I haven't barbequed in the longest time and heck yes I ate a lot!


Kathy and I started off at the grill and it became a fail for us to cook so our moms decided to handle that situation as we pigged out. =]
Then a couple days or maybe a week after the barbeque event, we took the T out to Porter Square for OMG! the cheapest and good quality sushi I've had. We went to Lesley College/University that is right by the T station of Porter Square.


Inside the college is like a food court that serves all sorts of Japanese food. There's also a restaurant inside called Blue Fin which has great sushi too. My mom's relative took us there one night when we went to visit her, so yummy! We stopped at one of the sushi bars that was closer to the front that offered a lot regular rolls of sushi that are pretty much half the price when served at regular restaurants.


I had the salmon skin and a spicy tuna something. Kathy had her favorite Philadelphia roll, a soft shell crap roll, and eel something roll. I'm getting hungry talking about it! I seriously can never get sick of eating sushi. My bill came out to I think a little more than $10 that was filling and delicious. =]


After eating we used my phone to navigate us around the area and found out that there is absolutely nothing around the T station so I suggested to walk to the Harvard Square T station which was not as close as I thought it was...nonetheless I thought it was fun walking there since Kathy almost killed me half-way through our walk, haha. Along the way I got to see some parts of Harvard University (I've seen it before haha) and parts of Lesley College. Colleges/Universities are all spread out in the city so the science building could be miles away from the admissions office and another few miles away from the student services office..okay, maybe it's not that far away but it sure seems like it haha. When we finally reached Harvard Square, there were a bunch of people from the Humane Society and I think PETA on the streets asking for something or support for something...I don't remember, I always avoid those people who are on the streets handing out flyers and wants to get me to sign up for something. We hit a cafe that seemed to sell very promising foods that I forgot the name to it. We got drinks since it was so hot that day. It was nothing compared to Florida heat but it was hot that day for some reason.


Oh! So i discovered this delicious eats from H Mart! I absolutely LOVE this, it's ice cream with a layer of red bean paste on top of the vanilla ice cream. The shell that holds it together is like one of those ice cream cones but soften and made into a fish. It's so good and refreshing for a hot day!
I can't wait to upgrade my current iPhone 3G to the new iPhone 4!

I'm so bummed that the white iPhone isn't available until farther notice. Pretty much all the black ones are sold out everywhere, completely insane! I've never had a white phone before and I can't wait to get my hands on this one! Plus I can't wait until I can go check out the phone at the Apple store too. White iPhone 4G, you need to be available for purchase soon!


Hehe.
♥
I've been slacking so much with blogging...I have so many drafts saved and I wish that the process of uploading pictures with blogger is better than the limit of five per upload...Anyway.
A few weeks back when the weather started to become better and more steady, Kathy and her mom invited my mom, grandma, and me over for a pre-summer barbeque. Pre-summer because it wasn't officially summer yet. As if I don't eat enough already in Boston, it's an absolutely challenge for me to maintain weight let alone trying to lose...which is what Kathy and I have been doing. We don't workout as much as we eat together haha. So far we're ran blocks together, done zumba classes, and made lists to keep each other motivated. Going back on subject, I haven't barbequed in the longest time and heck yes I ate a lot!
Kathy and I started off at the grill and it became a fail for us to cook so our moms decided to handle that situation as we pigged out. =]
Then a couple days or maybe a week after the barbeque event, we took the T out to Porter Square for OMG! the cheapest and good quality sushi I've had. We went to Lesley College/University that is right by the T station of Porter Square.
Inside the college is like a food court that serves all sorts of Japanese food. There's also a restaurant inside called Blue Fin which has great sushi too. My mom's relative took us there one night when we went to visit her, so yummy! We stopped at one of the sushi bars that was closer to the front that offered a lot regular rolls of sushi that are pretty much half the price when served at regular restaurants.
I had the salmon skin and a spicy tuna something. Kathy had her favorite Philadelphia roll, a soft shell crap roll, and eel something roll. I'm getting hungry talking about it! I seriously can never get sick of eating sushi. My bill came out to I think a little more than $10 that was filling and delicious. =]
After eating we used my phone to navigate us around the area and found out that there is absolutely nothing around the T station so I suggested to walk to the Harvard Square T station which was not as close as I thought it was...nonetheless I thought it was fun walking there since Kathy almost killed me half-way through our walk, haha. Along the way I got to see some parts of Harvard University (I've seen it before haha) and parts of Lesley College. Colleges/Universities are all spread out in the city so the science building could be miles away from the admissions office and another few miles away from the student services office..okay, maybe it's not that far away but it sure seems like it haha. When we finally reached Harvard Square, there were a bunch of people from the Humane Society and I think PETA on the streets asking for something or support for something...I don't remember, I always avoid those people who are on the streets handing out flyers and wants to get me to sign up for something. We hit a cafe that seemed to sell very promising foods that I forgot the name to it. We got drinks since it was so hot that day. It was nothing compared to Florida heat but it was hot that day for some reason.
Oh! So i discovered this delicious eats from H Mart! I absolutely LOVE this, it's ice cream with a layer of red bean paste on top of the vanilla ice cream. The shell that holds it together is like one of those ice cream cones but soften and made into a fish. It's so good and refreshing for a hot day!
I can't wait to upgrade my current iPhone 3G to the new iPhone 4!

I'm so bummed that the white iPhone isn't available until farther notice. Pretty much all the black ones are sold out everywhere, completely insane! I've never had a white phone before and I can't wait to get my hands on this one! Plus I can't wait until I can go check out the phone at the Apple store too. White iPhone 4G, you need to be available for purchase soon!
Hehe.
♥
I love Hmart! lol I have to look for those fishies!
ReplyDeletefoodables!!! omg that fishie looks yummy, I love red bean paste n ice cream...I had one at the night market the other night but it didn't have ice cream filling just a normal choco cream.
ReplyDeleteHaha for sure, any time you wanna pop over for dinner, u're welcome!xD