One year ago (on June 3rd to be exact) marks the day that my family and I plus Bobo went to Australia to visit family that lives in the land down under. It's been about twelve years since my last visit. It's incredible how fast time passes and I do wish that I was still in Australia having the time of my life and eating so much great food. I never made an official post for it but I did mention a little bit about my trip here. Haha, now looking back at the post, I was so into the purse I got that I didn't care much to post about my trip. We left really early in the morning and somehow the four of us (mainly from my mother) had TEN luggage bags that we hauled with us. If I didn't know any better it seemed like we were moving across the globe to Australia. Now to think of it I don't remember how we manage to get it all there and back. Yeah, we came back with TWELVE bags. We flew from Orlando to Atlanta and from Atlanta to Los Angeles to ride the Quantas which is the plane that is specifically design to fly back and forth from Australia. It's also called an Airbus because it has two levels to it. I think First and Business class are upstairs and economy are on the lower level. Plus they have snack bars that are all you can eat. Bobo kept going back and forth from her seat to the snack bar and every time she came back, she had her hoodie pockets filled with this round cookie that is exclusive from Quantas. We got a bunch for the way home too haha.
Air plane food is not the best...The plane ride was the worst--EVER. Especially sitting next to Bobo since she never stops moving. I tried sleeping it off but she just kept moving and fidgeting that it made me felt horrible and claustrophobic. I hated sitting next to her and my mom wouldn't switch seats with her. Our flight extended two or four hours because when we got to Sydney, the pilot announced that we had to fly to Melbourne and land there because of some weather issue that was going on in Sydney. Everyone was so nervous about going to Melbourne because supposedly there were a few swing flu cases over there but thank goodness we didn't get off the plane but we did sit there for about an hour before flying back to Sydney. When we finally made it to Sydney, my aunt, uncles, and cousin came to pick us up. I don't remember if my grandma came or not..It was really early in the morning so my uncle that we stayed with took us back to his house to get cleaned up before heading out to my other aunt's restaurant to see everyone else. Surprisingly I wasn't jet lagged at all when I got there despite the big time difference. I think we ate a little bit at my aunt's restaurant and that same night, my other two cousins from the aunt that owns the restaurant, my aunt, my mom, Bobo, and I went out for sushi that same night.
Australia has so many sushi places that have the best and most fresh sushi I've like ever had. Plus most are conveyor belt sushi which is a sushi bar with a conveyor belt in front with sushi on it and whatever you see that you like, you pick it off and later charged by the amount of plates and kind of plate you had. It's my absolute favorite and a great way to try tons of different kinds of sushi.
I can eat this stuff for days! =D
We went to Flemington Market or at least that's what I think it's called...the place has so much fresh food sold by people that went fishing or grew the fruits themselves. On Saturday, which was the day that we went, there were so many people there. Parking is insane and Bobo and I almost became human road-kill since people were just pushing and shoving everywhere to get from one stand to another to purchase fresh groceries. Needless to say, after that Saturday, Bobo and I never went back because we didn't want to be potential victims to be on TV that we were stomped to death alive because we got in the way of someone buying fruits at Flemington., haha.
Haha, yup he sold us the case of starfruit that he's holding. He was so nice to pick out a fresh cae for us too. =]
I think this Hainanese chicken rice was from after we were done shopping at Flemington.
I think the most time we spent was going back and forth to Cabramatta buying groceries and eating there.
Conveyor sushi is the best thing ever! =]
This was the night my cousin and I went into the City to go shopping and we had Italian food. It was so yummy!
The food was the best thing there. I don't remember eating anything that I didn't like. My aunt owns a restaurant there too and we ate there quite often as well. I think it's more authentic Vietnamese food and the flavor and taste is more home-cooked than eating at a Vietnamese restaurant down the street. My cousin also, introduced me to Boost and EasyWay which are two popular drink places similar to our Planet Smoothie and Lollicup. I like Boost way better than Planet Smoothie because they offer more variety of drinks...too bad they don't have any in the states, boo. EasyWay is I think the replica of Lollicup with more stuff on the menu. There were so many varieties of bobas, jellies, and sweet beans that are not offered/not popular for Lollicup. When I was there I drank Boost more. =]
The last few days before we left, my other aunt took us to a Koala Park Sanctuary since Bobo has never seen one before. It wasn't to exciting for me since I've been to a better zoo when I was younger during my first visit. haha. It just wasn't really the time of the season to be visiting zoos...The last time we came was during winter time in the states and summer over in Australia.
There's so much more to visit and do than what we did..I blame my parents...you know, you can't take them anywhere. I can't wait to go back soon and visit the other states (Australia is divided into six states New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and Western Australia, my family lives in New South Wales which is where Sydney is located). Before I die, I will have visit all states. =]
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment