Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's All About the Food & Makeup

I wish I was more up to date with my blogs like I used to when I was in middle school with Xanga. Seriously, I used to blog about EVERYTHING until one day I just got to busy to blog, I guess. Well enough of that, let's get updating. =]

I'M FINALLY HOME!! It's so nice to be home again and this time I'm taking advantage of showering three times a day before going back to Boston. haha, I think I stated that the last time I was home, LOL.

A couple posts back I talked about how much I wanted the new iPhone 4 in white and then Apple decided to crush my happy thoughts of having one in my hands when they announced that it won't be released until the end of the year. =/ Well my daddy came to visit me in the city and upgraded me to the 16gb black one. It's not white, I still want the white one, but it gets the job done. I got to say, the phone is very impressive and when the new iPhone 5 or 6 comes out, I will own it in white. =] I placed an order through the app store for the free bumper that Apple is giving out and the email that was sent to me said I will not received it until SEPTEMBER 3RD! I couldn't handle using my new phone without a case or a screen protector, though the specialist said a screen protector isn't necessary but I went ahead and got one for it anyway. There wasn't any cases at the Apple store at the mall I went to a couple days later so I went to Best Buy and got a purple case and screen protector for it. I wish there was a pink one haha but for now this will do. -___-


With my first paycheck, I took my mom, grandma, and my cousin out for some Korean BBQ on one of my days off like I promised. The last time I had Korean BBQ was way back when I lived in Virginia and I barely even remember it. I just remembered that my mom drive us to Annadale where Korean town was and we ate there when my dad was running back and forth between Boston and Virginia when we first moved.

I now have a new favorite and that is Korean BBQ...I think it's something about cooking my own food that makes it fun at restaurants but I know if I do this at home I would hate for the clean up. -___-!! haha!

The couple of days later, I suggest that we go get some Thai food. Afterall, all there is to do in Boston is to EAT! haha or so that's what I think.


I LOVE pad thai noodles which are also that same noodles used in pho. Something about the stickyness when it's in pad thai that I love so much. It was soo yummy!!! Remembering it all just makes me soooo hungry!

And the week is never complete without a trip to Minado's---haha I'm kidding. But it does seem like I go there a lot and every time that I do, I always take pictures of what I'm eating. haha. We were out with one of my grandma's friends which is my mom's aunt and we decided to take her out for some sushi and then we went shopping at Natick afterwards.

I can eat sushi anyday, everyday for the rest of my life. hahaha

I've discovered a new burger joint from Karen that has delicious burgers, Five Guys! The past couple of weekends Karen invited me over to her house to do laundry and this weekend in particular Bobo decided to join us and we actually been planning this through text while we were at work. And yes, we murdered everything...there's proof on twitter twitpics. =]


The day before I left for home, Karen and I went to Porter Square after I got off of work for sushi! So yum!


Now onto the makeup. =]

I ordered these BB creams back in the middle of June and haven't used them until I started working. Actually I've only used the Water Drop BB cream a few times and haven't even touched the Super one yet. I think the color out of the cylinder bottle is too dark for me but then again I haven't tried it on my face yet....maybe when it gets cooler I'll put it to the test.

On twitter, a few of my favorite beauty bloggers and my Secret Santa babe that I gifted to talked about the Makeup Forever Duo Mat foundation and how well it works in humidity. I have oily skin to begin with so I decided to pick one up to see if it would work with that too since BB creams are a bit too heavy and much for the summer heat. I used the MUFE Duo Mat for work and it works wonders for me even with my oily skin. It kept my face looking matte through out the day until I get home from work...I'm pretty impressed by it.

And Yes, I finally got my hands on the Shu Uemura eyelash curlers. I actually was going to get them a while back but totally forgot about it and have been busy but nonetheless I pick both the regular and mini curler up from Sephora. I'm not too sure when I'll be using the mini curler but the regular one is seriously the BEST curler ever! No pinches or anything and you best know that I tossed out the other junky curler. I also convinced my lovely into getting one, and yes, she LOVES it too. ♥ hehe.

There were lots and lots of talks about Mac's In The Groove collection with their MSFs Stereo Rose that was sold out within three hours of launch. I didn't think anything of it since I was too busy trying to get things together at work and all that stuff until a couple weeks after launch date that my cousin and I stopped by the mall to look at it. It's definitely a pretty color and I understand why it was sold out so quickly. Actually not just Stereo Rose but majority of the MSFs were sold out; however, I was lucky enough to pick up the By Candlelight MSF which I think is great as well. I don't know, maybe I'll be able to find Stereo Rose at a CCO. =]


I went by Sephora and picked up the NARS Sheer Matte Foundation in Ceylan, NARS lipgloss in Turkish Delight, Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer and then at the CCO Mac's eyeshadow in Glamour Check! and Style Snob. I'm really excited to try the foundation and concealer. The NYX pot concealer, I feel isn't concealing as much as I would like it to be. My collection is slowly but surely growing. I just need to make myself use what I buy more often... -___- haha

There was confusion with Lucky and Bobo...Lucky is the name of my dog and Bobo is the name of my cousin. lol.

I thought it was funny. It looks like Lucky fainted or something LOL. I missed him so much since he went home with my dad. Alan's here to visit and he doesn't chase after him like he wants to eat him anymore...if he listened to me the last time he was here and just stand still, Lucky wouldn't have been so mean to him, haha. ♥

5 comments:

  1. I love the Shu Uemura eyelash curler. Its the shizznit! I don't think I could ever go back to the drugstore brand. I use this on my clients too and I haven't pinched them yet!
    Korean BBQ, mmmm I miss it! Had it for the first time in Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg!!! foooooood!!!!!those burgers look like a bypass waiting to happen.
    I hope you do reviews on your haul! I'm so intrigued by that MUFE duo.
    Lol, I also still avoid sitting on warm seats to this day, my relatives never bothered with saying "unhealthyness" that's too...refined...they just straight out said "bum breath". ahahahaa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG your dog IS SOOOOOOOOO EFFING ADORBLE!!!!!! and the shu euumura eyelash curler..YES YES it works like a charm me love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the blushes they last for a while. but I have to reapply maybe twice a day haha. and the daisy perfume.. at first it smelt okay.. wasnt my actual liking.. but then i got used to it. my mother and my aunt LOVES the smell tho. so Im pretty sure you might like it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just realize how do I follow you!!

    ReplyDelete