Thursday, September 23, 2010

Roll Call

Just a quick update before I get back to studying...yeah the worst word in the dictionary (for now).

College has started and I enjoy and love every minute of being at the school I'm at. I used to dread going to my past schools but I actually don't mind commuting everyday to get to school. Maybe it's the fact that I'm going to the school that I really want to go to that makes it more joyful to go in everyday. Whatever it is, I hope that doesn't disappear when winter hits...we know how miserable I get when the snow hits and it's below zero outside. I'm just not meant for cold weather...I mean my hands freeze at 70 degrees outside! I can't wait to be done with school and move back to Florida.

So updating from weeks and weeks prior, I went home at the beginning of August and then came back to Boston after two weeks because of work.

This is a very yummy sandwich I had at work. One of my co-workers wanted to order lunch and I decided to join her since it's much more fun when someone else orders along. I believe it's called the Chicken Man sandwich or something from a deli that is down the street from our building. Maybe I'll order this again this weekend--you know because I'm a fatty. haha

That same weekend on Sunday, Wendy and I hung out since I haven't seen her since the end of June/beginning of July when she went to NYC and I started work. We went out to Arlington for hotpot (even thought I was scheduled for hotpot the next evening, haha) at Little Q's that moved and finally opened against recently. Last year around this time we ate the original location before I believe they were pretty much forced out of their spot because of farther development or whatever...the place is still empty so I don't know what development they are planning about. *rolls eyes*

On Monday after Alan and I flew back, we took this chance to get together with Karen to go eat before school started. We literally scheduled to eat together like the following Monday to have hotpot at Chinatown's new HotPot Buffet place. Well it's not really new, it's been there for sometime and I've heard that it's not worth eating there but of course I had to try it myself. I love eating with others because then we can order a lot and a lot of food. Let me tell you, my eyes are always bigger than my stomach but we had Alan to eat everything us.

We were given a list to check off what we wanted to eat and majority of the list was checked off. The only things we didn't get were the abnormal things that us ABCs (American born Chinese) don't eat. We tried the mala broth and if I didn't suggest that we fish out the chili peppers, it wouldn't have been edible. haha

The following Monday Karen, Janet, Amie, and I went again for hotpot. Karen and I both meet after work together and then met Janet and Amie at the restaurant. It was supposed for Karen and I to treat Janet because she's always paid for our us when we go out being the older cousin and having a job. So Karen and I decided that since we have jobs now, it's our time to treat her back. That didn't happen, she ended up giving me the money for her and Amie's share.

Towards the second round of ordering, we got twice as much food at the first time...I blamed Janet because the waiter must have thought she was pretty so when he came back with our order, it was pretty much double portions. We couldn't have finished it all and gave some to Janet's friend that sat a few tables away from us...haha it was hilarious passing them plates of food. I; however, finished the meat plate that I ordered and didn't need to eat for another three days. I love hotpot season. =]

Karen and I also tried banana sushi for the first time. This was called the Banaza...I thought it was pretty expensive for it and a bit hesitant to try it but to my surprise it was pretty good. Would I get it again? I wouldn't go out of my way to get it..I'll make my own haha.

I've been having a sushi craving for the longest time. The last time I had sushi was like months ago until the other night. I was waiting for my mom to come home from work and when she stepped in the door I dragged her back out to head out for a sushi dinner. I love homecooked meals but sometimes the work and cleaning is just too tedious...especially after a long day of work so I offered to take her out and save us all troubles. A plus was the sushi chef put our order on a boat which was funny because I was just talking to my mom about it when we were ordering. It made my night. =]

I've been obsessed with YSL's Parisienne perfume! I didn't like it at first when I saw it at Sephora, maybe because it didn't smell like it does now.. I LOVE wearing it, light and girly. The SA even gave me and Karen a discount when both of us made a purchase. ♥

Recent buys...

Majority of the stuff I've accumulated the past months...that's what I had laying around and out. There's more tucked here and there away somewhere that I've yet to touch. haha

I'm in love with the Sephora brushes (next are Sigmas!)! I never thought I would ever purchase Sephora brushes...I mean it's kinda pricey at $34+ for a brush. But you get what you paid for and I love them. ♥

I really need to go on a no buy ban. I have no more room to fit anymore new loves unless I get a new organizer.


I miss Lucky!! ♥

How are the picture quality? It's all taken from the iPhone 4. =]

5 comments:

  1. the picture quality is awesome!
    i love your pup, so adorable.
    and that food looks unbelievable.

    kisses from lace.<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suuuuushiiiii!!! omg now I crave it!
    Haha I'm just like u, I love eating home cooked meals but some times I just wanna eat out!
    What do you think of the NARS foundie? do you have the sheer one or the matte one?
    I got to try it out once during a NARS makeover n I absolutely looooooved the sheer one! Wondering if it's worthy of an investment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG let me know how the smell of YSL!!! ;) I haven't use my new makeup yet. yet, I'm buying shitload more.. LOL...gosh I need to ban myself too. I tried but failed miserably.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky is so cute!!! and omgoshh im reading your post at nearly 1 am- now im hungry -_-

    ReplyDelete
  5. iphone 4 is indeed awesome! I love how it can uses flash when u r out to club or dark places. I'm so gonna get it soon!

    ReplyDelete