Happy November! How fast time flies. Since now it's November that means it's time to share my October favorites. These are a few things that I've either added or have replaced what I have been using before from weather change or it was just time for me to change things up. You know how that goes, being a girl sometimes the same routine just gets old so we need to change it up a bit. =] I like even numbers so here are my 1o favorites for October, no too much nor too little.

1. Laneige Multi Cleanser
This is my second tube that I purchased a few months back. I recently started using it again because I find it just easier (for me) to just wash/take my makeup off when I'm in the shower using the cleanser. It contains very fine micro beads that foams up as your washing and it takes off everything leaving my skin the squeaky clean feeling. It doesn't give me tight or dryness at all. The scent is also very light which I like when I'm using the cleanser.
2. Laneige Strawberry Yogurt Peel Gel
I LOVE this product! It takes off dead skin and leaves my face as soft as a baby's bottom. The scent is so yum and makes me feel happy when I'm using it. What it is, is an enzyme peel that helps slather away the dead skin that accumulates on the face...the enzyme pretty much speeds up the process so when you're using it, as you're rubbing it takes the layer of dead skin off. But it doesn't "eat" your skin or anything because it only takes away the dead skin. For maximum effect using this product about once a week or even once every two weeks is enough. After using the peel I feel that my other skincare products work better and actually getting to my skin without having a layer of dead skin blocking it.
3. Sephora Professionnel Cream Eyeshadow #25 Brush
I use this brush for concealer because it's fluffy enough for me to buff out harsh concealer lines when I apply my concealer. Other concealer brushes are too thin for me which I find harder to use and blend but this brush does it all. The bristles are soft and easy to work with. It's very easy to clean too with my MAC brush cleaner.
4. Sephora Professionnel Airbrush #55 Brush
This brush was recommended by a SA in Sephora to use for liquid foundations. Well I was actually looking for a powder brush and then came across this brush. I don't know what came over me but I bought it thinking I would use it for powder but I just went with what it was supposed to be used for--liquid foundation. I use the brush for blending out streaks and lines that I might have after applying my foundation with my hands. I find that the brush soaks up a lot of my foundation when I directly use the brush to foundation and it does not give me coverage at all.
5. ELF Complexion Brush
Because the brush is so big, I use it for my MSF to set my foundation...I got mine from Target when I was home back in end of July/beginning of August. It's super soft and easy to use with my MSF and satisfies my expectations. =]
6. YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara
The famous YSL mascara that everyone loves and I love it too! First off, I love the packaging...I think it's very chic and classy. Gold definitely makes everything that much classier. The formula of the mascara is great, no irritations or burning sensations when I use it. I'm not a big fan of the brush itself but it's okay, it still works. It lengthens my lashes, stays on all day, and easy to remove.
7. NARS Sheer Matte Foundation
This foundation smells like vanilla cupcakes...at least to me it does. Almost similar scent to MAC lipsticks but not as strong. Either way, the scent is pleasant for me. Coverage is very much build-able and easy to work with. It evens out my skin-tone and so far the best true color for my skin. It is very light-weight and feels like I barely have anything on my face when I use it--which I love!
8. MAC Naked Honey Skin Salve
Okay, last fall/winter I went crazy looking for this salve because it's a limited edition from MAC's Naked Honey collection that was released back in June 2009 (I think) so it was a bit challenging for me to fine in stores. Luckily I was able to buy like five from whatever was left at Nordstrom and Macy's. They're all at the CCO now, btw -__-. The salve is like Vaseline with a honey scent to it, very pleasant for the nose. It's said to be multi-functional but I use it only on my lips. It conditions and stays on my lips much longer than any chapstick has. It's a bit iridescent. I love using this when it's cold outside and I don't have to worry about having to reapply chapstick all the time.
9. MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural
I use this MSF to set my liquid foundation and concealer to finish up my look. It's not messy like loose powder and easy to use. Keeps my face together for the day, haha.
10. Laneige Water Sleeping Pack
Every girl should have this in their stash for the winter time. It helps hydrate my tired skin when I'm sleeping and has the most relaxing scent to it. What you do, before bed, apply to the entire face and sleep with it on, it's a gel consistency that absorbs fast. It works it's magic and in the morning my skin feels and looks better. Because it absorbs very fast, it's not sticky or bothersome when sleeping. Keeps my skin soft and pretty! =]
And there you have it, my October favorites. I've been very boring lately, just schooling, working, and studying. I can't wait for the semester to be done with so I can head home for the holidays. The weather is getting cold and I don't like it. I miss Lucky too!!
What are YOUR October favorites? I would love for you to share with me your loves [it's only fair since I've shared mine!] LOL.

1. Laneige Multi Cleanser
This is my second tube that I purchased a few months back. I recently started using it again because I find it just easier (for me) to just wash/take my makeup off when I'm in the shower using the cleanser. It contains very fine micro beads that foams up as your washing and it takes off everything leaving my skin the squeaky clean feeling. It doesn't give me tight or dryness at all. The scent is also very light which I like when I'm using the cleanser.
2. Laneige Strawberry Yogurt Peel Gel
I LOVE this product! It takes off dead skin and leaves my face as soft as a baby's bottom. The scent is so yum and makes me feel happy when I'm using it. What it is, is an enzyme peel that helps slather away the dead skin that accumulates on the face...the enzyme pretty much speeds up the process so when you're using it, as you're rubbing it takes the layer of dead skin off. But it doesn't "eat" your skin or anything because it only takes away the dead skin. For maximum effect using this product about once a week or even once every two weeks is enough. After using the peel I feel that my other skincare products work better and actually getting to my skin without having a layer of dead skin blocking it.
3. Sephora Professionnel Cream Eyeshadow #25 Brush
I use this brush for concealer because it's fluffy enough for me to buff out harsh concealer lines when I apply my concealer. Other concealer brushes are too thin for me which I find harder to use and blend but this brush does it all. The bristles are soft and easy to work with. It's very easy to clean too with my MAC brush cleaner.
4. Sephora Professionnel Airbrush #55 Brush
This brush was recommended by a SA in Sephora to use for liquid foundations. Well I was actually looking for a powder brush and then came across this brush. I don't know what came over me but I bought it thinking I would use it for powder but I just went with what it was supposed to be used for--liquid foundation. I use the brush for blending out streaks and lines that I might have after applying my foundation with my hands. I find that the brush soaks up a lot of my foundation when I directly use the brush to foundation and it does not give me coverage at all.
5. ELF Complexion Brush
Because the brush is so big, I use it for my MSF to set my foundation...I got mine from Target when I was home back in end of July/beginning of August. It's super soft and easy to use with my MSF and satisfies my expectations. =]
6. YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara
The famous YSL mascara that everyone loves and I love it too! First off, I love the packaging...I think it's very chic and classy. Gold definitely makes everything that much classier. The formula of the mascara is great, no irritations or burning sensations when I use it. I'm not a big fan of the brush itself but it's okay, it still works. It lengthens my lashes, stays on all day, and easy to remove.
7. NARS Sheer Matte Foundation
This foundation smells like vanilla cupcakes...at least to me it does. Almost similar scent to MAC lipsticks but not as strong. Either way, the scent is pleasant for me. Coverage is very much build-able and easy to work with. It evens out my skin-tone and so far the best true color for my skin. It is very light-weight and feels like I barely have anything on my face when I use it--which I love!
8. MAC Naked Honey Skin Salve
Okay, last fall/winter I went crazy looking for this salve because it's a limited edition from MAC's Naked Honey collection that was released back in June 2009 (I think) so it was a bit challenging for me to fine in stores. Luckily I was able to buy like five from whatever was left at Nordstrom and Macy's. They're all at the CCO now, btw -__-. The salve is like Vaseline with a honey scent to it, very pleasant for the nose. It's said to be multi-functional but I use it only on my lips. It conditions and stays on my lips much longer than any chapstick has. It's a bit iridescent. I love using this when it's cold outside and I don't have to worry about having to reapply chapstick all the time.
9. MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural
I use this MSF to set my liquid foundation and concealer to finish up my look. It's not messy like loose powder and easy to use. Keeps my face together for the day, haha.
10. Laneige Water Sleeping Pack
Every girl should have this in their stash for the winter time. It helps hydrate my tired skin when I'm sleeping and has the most relaxing scent to it. What you do, before bed, apply to the entire face and sleep with it on, it's a gel consistency that absorbs fast. It works it's magic and in the morning my skin feels and looks better. Because it absorbs very fast, it's not sticky or bothersome when sleeping. Keeps my skin soft and pretty! =]
And there you have it, my October favorites. I've been very boring lately, just schooling, working, and studying. I can't wait for the semester to be done with so I can head home for the holidays. The weather is getting cold and I don't like it. I miss Lucky too!!
What are YOUR October favorites? I would love for you to share with me your loves [it's only fair since I've shared mine!] LOL.
oh wow!! I wanna get the lanegie strawberry & water sleeping pack!!!
ReplyDeletei've been looking for a new brush, i might have to try your favourite.
ReplyDeleteI don't have any specifics for october, i love benetint and my lancome 'teint' foundation is a life saver.
x enter my giveaway?