I'm finally 21!! It's so exciting and at the same time nothing has changed LOL. I'm still doing the same things and this year definitely had a great kick off start!
Okay, so a quick recap of the past week or what I like to call my birthday week. =] So Monday I went to class and sat in a Statistics class since my Calculus professor teaches it as well so I have her for two hours three times a week...which I don't mind since she's super nice and one of those ladies that you want as a grandma...and she's not that old either. Either way I like her as my professor and hope to take her for Calculus II if she's still teaching since she's half-retired and working part time. Then Tuesday [my birthday!!] I technically didn't have any classes on Tuesday and Thursday since I didn't pick my classes yet so I went into school early for the add/drop thing. I pretty much redid my schedule and decided to take Biology and Chemistry over the summer since I had such a rough fall semester...I'm going to pretend that the past semester never happened. Anyway, I was able to pick all my classes I wanted plus one that I wasn't too sure of but the professor is nice and I like her so I'm keeping Anthropology haha. I had to skip Anthropology since it had already started while I was getting my schedule together and by the time I was done class was already over. I went to Psychology and Health Care Ethics that ended at 2:45pm and my mom came to school to pick me up. She took me out for Korean BBQ!! I've heard from xppinkx that her favorite Korean restaurant was Korean Garden in Brighton and since it was pretty close by and in the area my mom and I went. Most of the pictures I've already posted on twitpic but in case you missed it. ^^

I love banchan! I can eat these all day! My favorite is definitely the kimchi and the sweet lotus root..heck they are all my favorite, I ate them all! haha XD

Some dipping sauces and stuff for the meat and bibimbop!

This was an on the house soup that is super good! I don't know what it is...it has tofu in it..I don't know I'm going to try to order this next time. I do think it's like a soondoobu [according to the menu] haha

Pork belly...it's just like bacon.

Bibimbop!! My newest obsession and I can eat this all day, everyday! I LOVE the special sauce it comes with that you can pour as little or as much as you want yourself!
There was a storm advisory warning because we were expecting 8-12 inches of snow that was supposed to start snowing that night so as we were eating I got a text message from my school's alert system saying that the school will be closed the following day! Happy birthday to me, right?! No classes the next day and after eating my mom and I went alcohol shopping. lol We actually went to a couple places because my mom couldn't find what she was looking for. I bought my first bottle of champagne that I still have yet to open! haha and then we went to another liquor store where I found a bottle of Hpnotiq that came with two glasses and my mom ended up getting it for me plus this bottle of Godiva White Chocolate liquor thing that I thought was going to taste amazing--nope both the Hpnotiq and Godiva was not what I was expecting. T_T haha Since I got home and my mom said she was going to go out I invited my friend Kathy to come over and have drinks with me and then it was going out with her and her friends.

This is my favorite picture--like ever! And the best part is they took me to a Korean Bar near where my mom and I ate earlier in the day!!

I don't know what is in this...it was called like the Charles River or something like that. I had to drink a lot of it since I kept losing at the games they were teaching me to play...total fail haha but it was so fun. And I'm come to conclude that I do very much like yogurt sojus! I'm going to try to make my own soon. hahaha We ate really good Korean food too which I should have taken a picture of [fail Adrienne..-__-!!]

They got me a cake too which I totally did not expect at all! I didn't even see any of them carry it in!! Boston creme cake is so yummy!!

Ignore the whited out and red face. I get blotchy when I have alcohol...like almost hive like-ish but it's not itchy or anything. This was seriously the best way to turn 21...I totally did not expect it at all--school canceled for a snow day and going out which by the way was like the first time ever I've stayed out past 12am that's not school related. I know, I know but I'm not a person that goes out much. Then on the way back it started to snow! I got back around 1:30ish or so, showered and went straight to bed.
The next day was the snow day and went I looked out my window everything was covered in snow. Within hours there were inches of snow and I thought it didn't even snow that hard, you know what I mean. So I spent the day home with my mom and did homework and I got to take home the cake that Kathy bought me and finished it too. XD School reopened which was !@&*@%$#&^* because a lot of other schools were closed except for the colleges. It was okay since I had [finally] gotten the Coach snow boots that I have been eying since before Winter break! Thank you mommy!! [It was one of my birthday presents from her.]

[Photo from amazon.com]
I love, love, love them! Minus the fact that I stepped into a HUGE puddle with them but the material dried quickly and it didn't appear dirty. I need to give them a scrub down tomorrow. I do think the size 7 is a bit too big...they didn't have half sizes in stock and I wasn't sure if I wanted the size 6. It was late when we went to the mall the past weekend. Ohh well more wiggle toe room for me...haha either way they work, I've worn them a few times out already. Anyway, on Friday I'm done with classes at 11am so I met up with Wendy and her sister for hotpot in Chinatown. We ate for two hours straight!! Then taking the train back I headed to the mall with them because Wendy's sister wanted to go to Sephora and so did I so I was like what the heck why not.

I ended up getting [this is my final purchase that's makeup for a while, I promise!!!] Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation and the tinted moisturizer. I've used the foundation for work the past weekend and LOVE it. Usually by the end of the day I would have creasing and like flaking off, pretty much my face is falling apart but this foundation stayed on all day like I didn't have anything on my face. Plus I went out to a party afterward and it still stayed on. I love that it doesn't smear off when I touch my face or something ends up brushing on my face...I think a possible review when I use it long enough haha. I used the tinted moisturizer to school the other day and it was snowing/raining and I thought oh crap my face is going to be melting off but surprising when I got home to wipe my face off there was still a lot of product on my face. I didn't use powder to set or anything It helped even out my skin without looking like I have a full face on. I just use the tinted moisturizer without concealer or anything. It's a lot thicker than I expected but nonetheless it works well.
Okay so on Saturday I went to work and my mom picked me up and unexpectedly my mom said she wants Sichuan food so we went to eat at I think the restaurant is called Sichuan Gourmet...I've been to the one in Billerica a couple months ago but we went to the one in Brighton...they have like multiple locations. Anyway, we ate and I was texting Kathy if we were going to hang out since we had plans on Friday but they didn't go through and she invited me to her bf's house for a little party. I had a lot of fun meeting some of her friends that she went to high school with and learned to play flip cup beer pong haha! Yeah and I suck at beer pong to be clear. Kathy and her bf then drove me home at 3am and I went to work the next day--kinda crazy I know. I worked Sunday and then that night Kathy had called me again asking if I wanted to hang out because Monday was a holiday and I said sure why not. We went bowling and played pool. I've played enough bowling on the Wii but actually playing seems so much harder...I got so many gutter balls it's kind of ridiculous LOL! Pool I did a little bit better...I think Kathy's friend and I won but I'm not too sure...I think I was the one to hit the eighth ball into the hole. haha it was fun. ^^
I hope everyone else had a great long weekend! I haven't had this much fun in a while and so glad I got to experience it on my birthday week! haha
♥
Okay, so a quick recap of the past week or what I like to call my birthday week. =] So Monday I went to class and sat in a Statistics class since my Calculus professor teaches it as well so I have her for two hours three times a week...which I don't mind since she's super nice and one of those ladies that you want as a grandma...and she's not that old either. Either way I like her as my professor and hope to take her for Calculus II if she's still teaching since she's half-retired and working part time. Then Tuesday [my birthday!!] I technically didn't have any classes on Tuesday and Thursday since I didn't pick my classes yet so I went into school early for the add/drop thing. I pretty much redid my schedule and decided to take Biology and Chemistry over the summer since I had such a rough fall semester...I'm going to pretend that the past semester never happened. Anyway, I was able to pick all my classes I wanted plus one that I wasn't too sure of but the professor is nice and I like her so I'm keeping Anthropology haha. I had to skip Anthropology since it had already started while I was getting my schedule together and by the time I was done class was already over. I went to Psychology and Health Care Ethics that ended at 2:45pm and my mom came to school to pick me up. She took me out for Korean BBQ!! I've heard from xppinkx that her favorite Korean restaurant was Korean Garden in Brighton and since it was pretty close by and in the area my mom and I went. Most of the pictures I've already posted on twitpic but in case you missed it. ^^
I love banchan! I can eat these all day! My favorite is definitely the kimchi and the sweet lotus root..heck they are all my favorite, I ate them all! haha XD
Some dipping sauces and stuff for the meat and bibimbop!
This was an on the house soup that is super good! I don't know what it is...it has tofu in it..I don't know I'm going to try to order this next time. I do think it's like a soondoobu [according to the menu] haha
Pork belly...it's just like bacon.
Bibimbop!! My newest obsession and I can eat this all day, everyday! I LOVE the special sauce it comes with that you can pour as little or as much as you want yourself!
There was a storm advisory warning because we were expecting 8-12 inches of snow that was supposed to start snowing that night so as we were eating I got a text message from my school's alert system saying that the school will be closed the following day! Happy birthday to me, right?! No classes the next day and after eating my mom and I went alcohol shopping. lol We actually went to a couple places because my mom couldn't find what she was looking for. I bought my first bottle of champagne that I still have yet to open! haha and then we went to another liquor store where I found a bottle of Hpnotiq that came with two glasses and my mom ended up getting it for me plus this bottle of Godiva White Chocolate liquor thing that I thought was going to taste amazing--nope both the Hpnotiq and Godiva was not what I was expecting. T_T haha Since I got home and my mom said she was going to go out I invited my friend Kathy to come over and have drinks with me and then it was going out with her and her friends.
This is my favorite picture--like ever! And the best part is they took me to a Korean Bar near where my mom and I ate earlier in the day!!
I don't know what is in this...it was called like the Charles River or something like that. I had to drink a lot of it since I kept losing at the games they were teaching me to play...total fail haha but it was so fun. And I'm come to conclude that I do very much like yogurt sojus! I'm going to try to make my own soon. hahaha We ate really good Korean food too which I should have taken a picture of [fail Adrienne..-__-!!]
They got me a cake too which I totally did not expect at all! I didn't even see any of them carry it in!! Boston creme cake is so yummy!!
Ignore the whited out and red face. I get blotchy when I have alcohol...like almost hive like-ish but it's not itchy or anything. This was seriously the best way to turn 21...I totally did not expect it at all--school canceled for a snow day and going out which by the way was like the first time ever I've stayed out past 12am that's not school related. I know, I know but I'm not a person that goes out much. Then on the way back it started to snow! I got back around 1:30ish or so, showered and went straight to bed.
The next day was the snow day and went I looked out my window everything was covered in snow. Within hours there were inches of snow and I thought it didn't even snow that hard, you know what I mean. So I spent the day home with my mom and did homework and I got to take home the cake that Kathy bought me and finished it too. XD School reopened which was !@&*@%$#&^* because a lot of other schools were closed except for the colleges. It was okay since I had [finally] gotten the Coach snow boots that I have been eying since before Winter break! Thank you mommy!! [It was one of my birthday presents from her.]

[Photo from amazon.com]
I love, love, love them! Minus the fact that I stepped into a HUGE puddle with them but the material dried quickly and it didn't appear dirty. I need to give them a scrub down tomorrow. I do think the size 7 is a bit too big...they didn't have half sizes in stock and I wasn't sure if I wanted the size 6. It was late when we went to the mall the past weekend. Ohh well more wiggle toe room for me...haha either way they work, I've worn them a few times out already. Anyway, on Friday I'm done with classes at 11am so I met up with Wendy and her sister for hotpot in Chinatown. We ate for two hours straight!! Then taking the train back I headed to the mall with them because Wendy's sister wanted to go to Sephora and so did I so I was like what the heck why not.
I ended up getting [this is my final purchase that's makeup for a while, I promise!!!] Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation and the tinted moisturizer. I've used the foundation for work the past weekend and LOVE it. Usually by the end of the day I would have creasing and like flaking off, pretty much my face is falling apart but this foundation stayed on all day like I didn't have anything on my face. Plus I went out to a party afterward and it still stayed on. I love that it doesn't smear off when I touch my face or something ends up brushing on my face...I think a possible review when I use it long enough haha. I used the tinted moisturizer to school the other day and it was snowing/raining and I thought oh crap my face is going to be melting off but surprising when I got home to wipe my face off there was still a lot of product on my face. I didn't use powder to set or anything It helped even out my skin without looking like I have a full face on. I just use the tinted moisturizer without concealer or anything. It's a lot thicker than I expected but nonetheless it works well.
Okay so on Saturday I went to work and my mom picked me up and unexpectedly my mom said she wants Sichuan food so we went to eat at I think the restaurant is called Sichuan Gourmet...I've been to the one in Billerica a couple months ago but we went to the one in Brighton...they have like multiple locations. Anyway, we ate and I was texting Kathy if we were going to hang out since we had plans on Friday but they didn't go through and she invited me to her bf's house for a little party. I had a lot of fun meeting some of her friends that she went to high school with and learned to play flip cup beer pong haha! Yeah and I suck at beer pong to be clear. Kathy and her bf then drove me home at 3am and I went to work the next day--kinda crazy I know. I worked Sunday and then that night Kathy had called me again asking if I wanted to hang out because Monday was a holiday and I said sure why not. We went bowling and played pool. I've played enough bowling on the Wii but actually playing seems so much harder...I got so many gutter balls it's kind of ridiculous LOL! Pool I did a little bit better...I think Kathy's friend and I won but I'm not too sure...I think I was the one to hit the eighth ball into the hole. haha it was fun. ^^
I hope everyone else had a great long weekend! I haven't had this much fun in a while and so glad I got to experience it on my birthday week! haha
♥
Happy birthday <3
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday! Looks like you had a wonderful Birthday week. :3
ReplyDeleteAww I know I'm really late but belated happy birthday!! 21, wow you are a youngin! hehe jk Glad you had such a great birthday =)!
ReplyDelete