I'm finally back from my Boston/New York trip. The purpose for going was for the Student Accepted Day which wasn't as important as I thought it was going to be but whatever. I got some good information and got to spend some time with friends and have a mini vacation minus the babysitting of my annoying little cousin. I'm surprised I haven't killed her yet. My mom, Bobo, and I left at 12:30am Thursday morning and head North towards I-95 and drove until we got there. I think we might of had a little too much fun before reaching Boston HAHA. I dreaded the car ride but at the same time it was great. I kind of wish we had more time between stops haha.
Along the way when we reached Virginia, I heard that in Annadale, which also has like the biggest Korean population in the US (I'm not sure if that is true but that's what my dad told me) had one of the BonChon Chicken stores. After hearing so many positive reviews about it from beauty bloggers, I had and wanted to try it out myself.


I got the small/medium (which ever it was) combination that was eleven pieces of chicken wings and drumsticks in the garlic soy flavor. I wish I had done what every one had suggested and placed an order ahead of time because I had to wait about twenty-five minutes for my food to be ready. Then again the reason I didn't order ahead because I wasn't sure where the restaurant was and when I would have gotten there considering that my mom doesn't remember much of the roads and it was my first time driving around Virginia with a GPS. Anyway, the wait wasn't too bad and it give the car a rest from the previous twelve our drive. Back to the chicken, I must say I was impressed and surprised about these chicken wings. They taste great and at the same time it wasn't the taste I was expecting. I wish I had ordered the larger size so that I could of had more since Bobo and I were sharing. I think I would prefer eating BonChon Chicken over KFC or Popeye's. =]


Hehe, Bobo thought they were yummy too. ^_^ We also stopped by Eden Center which is a Vietnamese town/village/plaza place filled with Vietnamese restaurants, small eats, and shops. It hasn't changed much since I last went when I still lived in Virginia...There's definitely more people there. Parking was terrible, small tight spots, and just lots of cars everywhere. We bought some goodies from there and headed back on I-95 North. =]

We stayed in New Jersey for two nights at an aunt and uncle's house before heading to Boston. Uncle Andrew and Auntie Margret took us to eat at Minado's (My most FAVORITEST sushi restaurant ever) in New Jersey! I was excited but at the same time the car ride had made me cranky, tired, and wanted to isolate myself from people. Bobo's constant singing made me want to shot her and then shot myself in the face to end the misery. Justin Bieber needs to fall off this universe NOW. >=[




They didn't have as much food as I think they do compared to the Minado's in Natick...but I'm not the one to complain, I got to eat my tunas and that made me happy. And Green Tea fro-yo ALWAYS put a smile on my face. =D

I was super excited to see a Super H Mart! Haha I hear beauty bloggers talk about H Mart all the time and I've been curious to see what it's like. It's like a regular Asian market but a lot better than the Asian markets I've been too in Florida. haha, well that's a given... I bought some lashes and was hoping to find some skincare products to look into but everything was closing down and I felt bad making my mom, aunt, and uncle wait. Next time I'm coming back for you H Mart!


The next day, we headed out to New York Chinatown for dim sum and meet up with Bobo's grandpa that she doesn't get to see too often. It was nice to see that grandpa is doing well and of course he gave us all lucky money--Rafferty included though he wasn't present at the time. haha.





Food in general in New York is just that much better...I can eat like ten bowls of this! The two days that we went out for dim sum I had a bowl. XD haha.

This was from a bakery in Chinatown.


Bobo and I also got our haircut at Mess δΊ‚ on Mott Street that is owned by a friend that my mom and my aunt (Bobo's mom) knew from...I don't know where. He ended up cutting Bobo's hair and I didn't even recognize him from his new due and glasses. I love and from now on will ONLY get my hair cut in New York...other places just can't compare...*shakes head* And of course we did shopping too. =]

On our last day in New Jersey, my mom took us to Mitsuwa that was formally another name like Yukon or something before they changed it. I used to come here all the time when we lived in Boston and Virginia and then it became too far away. =/

I was so excited to find onigiris at Mitsuwa and they were pretty good too! I LOVE onigiri! The sad thing is I wish I can make them on my own.




We were lucky that it was the weekend and we ran into a stand that made Osaka-Style Okonomi-Yaki...apparently it's Japanese pizza..I had no idea what it was but I wanted to try it anyway. Any Japanese food I am for haha. I got two of these to go...one we ate in the car and another I ate with Bobo when we reached my aunt and uncle's house in Boston. I have to say it was pretty yummy!

My school mascot, the Cardinal. In Boston, I went to the Student Accepted Day with Karen and being the smarties that we are, we took the wrong train to the wrong stop...it was pretty funny when I was like I don't recognize any of this and with the help of my phone, it was too far of a walk to the school from where we were so we walked to the school and thank goodness we weren't late and actually early. Karen packed me tons of free stuff when we were walking around tables that were set up on the third floor and this cardinal stress reliever was one of them haha.

We left at 3ish and took the train back to Prudential and Copley and walked around before heading to Chinatown for Karen's hair appointment. That girl took forever and then an older woman kept staring at me and asked me where I got my eyebrows done and said they looked very nice...I told her I did them myself and she was like really because I was hoping you could recommend me to where you get them done at.
What's Boston without HOTPOT!



I love eating hotpot in Boston...it just never gets old or boring. Karen and I also invited Tanya and we met her for the first time! She's super sweet and friendly and shy. LOL. I swear she must have thought that Karen and I were freaks or overly friendly because we were cooking food for her and telling her to eat this, try that, and kept telling her to eat more. It was funny and I'm excited and can't wait to hang out with her again.

Korean drama DVDs at Kam Man...I was looking for Boys Over Flowers but they didn't have it. =/

Of course coming to New York and Boston relatives would give us lucky money. ^_^ I'm fortunate that my mom has so many generous family, relatives, and friends that gave us lucky money for haven't seen them in such a long time. More goodies for me! haha =P
Bobo and I flew on Wednesday morning but my mom is still in Boston. She's going to be looking for an apartment or house, which ever she can find so I can semi-permanently move there for school and work. My house in Florida will still remain here and I will be coming back.

Goodbye Boston, see you again either in a couple weeks or at the end of the month!
Tomorrow is Lucky's birthday! He's going to be six years old!
♥
Along the way when we reached Virginia, I heard that in Annadale, which also has like the biggest Korean population in the US (I'm not sure if that is true but that's what my dad told me) had one of the BonChon Chicken stores. After hearing so many positive reviews about it from beauty bloggers, I had and wanted to try it out myself.
I got the small/medium (which ever it was) combination that was eleven pieces of chicken wings and drumsticks in the garlic soy flavor. I wish I had done what every one had suggested and placed an order ahead of time because I had to wait about twenty-five minutes for my food to be ready. Then again the reason I didn't order ahead because I wasn't sure where the restaurant was and when I would have gotten there considering that my mom doesn't remember much of the roads and it was my first time driving around Virginia with a GPS. Anyway, the wait wasn't too bad and it give the car a rest from the previous twelve our drive. Back to the chicken, I must say I was impressed and surprised about these chicken wings. They taste great and at the same time it wasn't the taste I was expecting. I wish I had ordered the larger size so that I could of had more since Bobo and I were sharing. I think I would prefer eating BonChon Chicken over KFC or Popeye's. =]
Hehe, Bobo thought they were yummy too. ^_^ We also stopped by Eden Center which is a Vietnamese town/village/plaza place filled with Vietnamese restaurants, small eats, and shops. It hasn't changed much since I last went when I still lived in Virginia...There's definitely more people there. Parking was terrible, small tight spots, and just lots of cars everywhere. We bought some goodies from there and headed back on I-95 North. =]
We stayed in New Jersey for two nights at an aunt and uncle's house before heading to Boston. Uncle Andrew and Auntie Margret took us to eat at Minado's (My most FAVORITEST sushi restaurant ever) in New Jersey! I was excited but at the same time the car ride had made me cranky, tired, and wanted to isolate myself from people. Bobo's constant singing made me want to shot her and then shot myself in the face to end the misery. Justin Bieber needs to fall off this universe NOW. >=[
They didn't have as much food as I think they do compared to the Minado's in Natick...but I'm not the one to complain, I got to eat my tunas and that made me happy. And Green Tea fro-yo ALWAYS put a smile on my face. =D
I was super excited to see a Super H Mart! Haha I hear beauty bloggers talk about H Mart all the time and I've been curious to see what it's like. It's like a regular Asian market but a lot better than the Asian markets I've been too in Florida. haha, well that's a given... I bought some lashes and was hoping to find some skincare products to look into but everything was closing down and I felt bad making my mom, aunt, and uncle wait. Next time I'm coming back for you H Mart!
The next day, we headed out to New York Chinatown for dim sum and meet up with Bobo's grandpa that she doesn't get to see too often. It was nice to see that grandpa is doing well and of course he gave us all lucky money--Rafferty included though he wasn't present at the time. haha.
Food in general in New York is just that much better...I can eat like ten bowls of this! The two days that we went out for dim sum I had a bowl. XD haha.
This was from a bakery in Chinatown.
Bobo and I also got our haircut at Mess δΊ‚ on Mott Street that is owned by a friend that my mom and my aunt (Bobo's mom) knew from...I don't know where. He ended up cutting Bobo's hair and I didn't even recognize him from his new due and glasses. I love and from now on will ONLY get my hair cut in New York...other places just can't compare...*shakes head* And of course we did shopping too. =]
On our last day in New Jersey, my mom took us to Mitsuwa that was formally another name like Yukon or something before they changed it. I used to come here all the time when we lived in Boston and Virginia and then it became too far away. =/
I was so excited to find onigiris at Mitsuwa and they were pretty good too! I LOVE onigiri! The sad thing is I wish I can make them on my own.
We were lucky that it was the weekend and we ran into a stand that made Osaka-Style Okonomi-Yaki...apparently it's Japanese pizza..I had no idea what it was but I wanted to try it anyway. Any Japanese food I am for haha. I got two of these to go...one we ate in the car and another I ate with Bobo when we reached my aunt and uncle's house in Boston. I have to say it was pretty yummy!
My school mascot, the Cardinal. In Boston, I went to the Student Accepted Day with Karen and being the smarties that we are, we took the wrong train to the wrong stop...it was pretty funny when I was like I don't recognize any of this and with the help of my phone, it was too far of a walk to the school from where we were so we walked to the school and thank goodness we weren't late and actually early. Karen packed me tons of free stuff when we were walking around tables that were set up on the third floor and this cardinal stress reliever was one of them haha.
We left at 3ish and took the train back to Prudential and Copley and walked around before heading to Chinatown for Karen's hair appointment. That girl took forever and then an older woman kept staring at me and asked me where I got my eyebrows done and said they looked very nice...I told her I did them myself and she was like really because I was hoping you could recommend me to where you get them done at.
What's Boston without HOTPOT!
I love eating hotpot in Boston...it just never gets old or boring. Karen and I also invited Tanya and we met her for the first time! She's super sweet and friendly and shy. LOL. I swear she must have thought that Karen and I were freaks or overly friendly because we were cooking food for her and telling her to eat this, try that, and kept telling her to eat more. It was funny and I'm excited and can't wait to hang out with her again.
Korean drama DVDs at Kam Man...I was looking for Boys Over Flowers but they didn't have it. =/
Of course coming to New York and Boston relatives would give us lucky money. ^_^ I'm fortunate that my mom has so many generous family, relatives, and friends that gave us lucky money for haven't seen them in such a long time. More goodies for me! haha =P
Bobo and I flew on Wednesday morning but my mom is still in Boston. She's going to be looking for an apartment or house, which ever she can find so I can semi-permanently move there for school and work. My house in Florida will still remain here and I will be coming back.
Goodbye Boston, see you again either in a couple weeks or at the end of the month!
Tomorrow is Lucky's birthday! He's going to be six years old!
♥
Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog!!!
ReplyDeleteI love discovering new blogs to read, it keeps me busy at work bwahahahaaa! xD
As for the possibility that the soy milk is cleaning out my skin, um...that's quite all right, it can stop cleaning now, I'd just like my old skin back!
I LOVE soy milk, I've always had the home made type and it's never broken me out like this, so it is quite possible that it's just the preservatives etc in store bought ones that break me out.
OMG Bonchon!!!I wish they'd bring them to Canada pronto!
Your updates always leave me feeling hungry! LOL. Happy birthday to Lucky!! ^^
ReplyDelete