Saturday afternoon I woke up and got ready and headed out to the Galleria Mall in Cambridge to visit Wendy at work since she's been asking me to for a while now. I took the T and meet her there in time for her break and to eat FREE food! LOL. It was very nice of her to feed me for lunch and I got her Starbucks since the last time she said she had Starbucks was with me and that was MONTHS ago. It's so funny to hear her talk about her job and the people that she works with.
She picked out some yummy food from her work place. haha.
After her break, I had a couple hours to kill before heading to Chinatown for my godfather's birthday dinner so I walked around the Galleria Mall and went into Sephora, where I picked up a Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes eyeliner in 0L. I also got a MAC Blot Powder in Medium Dark and I picked up another Naked Honey Salve since they had it there and I figured I get another one since they are much harder to find in Florida. I now have enough to last me a couple years or so. I haven't used the blot powder yet. =/ I most likely will when I'm back in Florida.
I then took left the Galleria and took the train and got off at Copley and went to Copley Square and Prudential Center to look at my loves! I went into Gucci first since I haven't been into their boutique since they moved to the Prudential Center...or was it Copley Square? I don't know but it's by the Legal Seafood and downstairs. The store has a pretty good layout but not that much of a variety...then again I didn't go through the whole store, it's like a maze layout. I didn't have time to check out Louis Vuitton and headed back to Backbay Station to take the train to Chinatown for dinner. Haha, it was only like two stops but walking would have taken me forever since it was pretty chilly outside. Plus I had to make use of my 7-day Unlimited T-pass. =]] When I got there I saw Auntie Linda and Uncle Tao... I haven't seen them in forever since I went back to Florida and it was nice seeing them again. =]
Before my godbrothers and godsisters got there, my godparents had already ordered ten dishes and it was not too long ago that I had just ate with Wendy!
LOL!
Then it was cake time! Ice cream cake to be exact. I didn't eat much of the food but I left plenty of space for cake and they all remembered so well how much I loved cake and cut me a pretty big piece. XD After cake, my godparents took me back to Quincy to my aunt and uncle's house for the night. I was so full and happy. =]
DAY 4.
Flavia-baby and I meet up at Park Street at around 7am to take get on the green line to head out to MCPHS for Open House. We got to MCPHS around 8am and got registered right away and headed for the school tour (done by very attractive PharmD major guys, LOL) and thank goodness we got their early because by the end of our tour, there was a HUGE line of people. Flavia and I went on all the tours that was available and checked out dorm rooms and a newer building that is mainly for Nursing Majors that opened Spring 2009. Once all of the touring was done, we went to a PharmD session where the head of the PharmD program and professors explained the program and such. It's amazing how many PharmD majors there are, it's mad competition! During our tour, all of the students where PharmD majors. We stayed at the same place for a Financial Aid session and Student Health thing until it was about time for us to meet with a transfer counselor. The questions cleared so many things up and it seems like I have a pretty good chance but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up too high, know what I mean? I just HOPE, HOPE, HOPE I get accepted!!! We also met an admissions dean that we had a good conversation with and hopefully he remembers me since I'm the only one that was from Florida for Open House. He told us that he knows BFIT and he seemed happy that we were in the Pharmacy Technology program. Too bad I didn't get his name. =[ I have to say I LOVE the school so much and would do anything I can possibly could to get in. I don't know, the emotion that was going through me while one of the professors was explaining the program was indescribable. I know I will definitely break down and cry if I ended up with a rejection letter, knock on wood.
And I got an awesome bottle of water with a MCPHS label on it. It's brain water right there! XD
I was a bit sad to leave when we finished early around 1pm. We wait for the green line to head back to Park Street and we went our separate ways. I got off at South Station to meet Wendy for dim sum before starting my day with her.
I waited forever for this girl and her friend. I felt awkwardness with her friend... Haha and I've seen him a couple times around BFIT when I was there. Then we walked to Chinatown and got bubble tea from this place that closed down for renovations when I went home for the summer.
Lychee slush with boba and there's jelly in there too. Then we got on the train and got off at Haymarket.
And switched over to the green line and the train that we got on happened to be the one that I used to ride when I interned at Fenway's CVS, so we went and got off at Kenmore Station. I went to CVS and saw the Pharmacist that I used to work with!!! It was really great to see him and talk to him about what's happened recently and such. He said it's been pretty busy and he now has five Pharmacist interns, one for every day of the week, LOL. Reason being, because it still gets a bit slow so he has to alternate them in and out and such. He also said that if I need a job, he'll be able to squeeze me in. =] I'm so grateful to meet amazing people... it truly means a lot that he said that because these people don't have to offer to help me but they do. I'm very eager to move back. =]
SEE THE CVS?! I INTERNED THERE!!!
Wendy and I went back to Kenmore Station after walking in a circle. It was so packed because of the Red Sox game and they lost too. =/ Not that it really matters to me... We ended up on Commonwealth Ave and Brighton Ave and somehow got off the train and started walking back towards where we came from. Maybe it was the time of the day that had NO TRAIN heading inbound so we walked and walked and walked. THEN I saw a train coming and started running to the closes stop in front of us since the train was stopped at the stop light. They are like trolleys but are trains and OMFG! Miss Gucci's shoulder strap BREAKS! I lost the pin that holds the strap in place and just ran for the T-stop. I didn't want to chance when the time train will come and decided to head straight to Copley and ask Gucci if they can fix it for me. I pretty much ran to the Gucci boutique hugging my bag while Wendy was like a mile behind me. I as so like embarrassed that such a luxury bag was being held across my body as I bolted through people at the Prudential Center... I mean it's a high-end mall... The SA was super nice and was out to fix it when she disappeared for what it seems like a million years until she told me not only was I missing the pin and the circle thing that holds it in place... at the point I was about to cry because she said it would take about three to four days to have it fixed, I'm guessing because she was either going to send it in or order the part for me. There was no way I could do that because I'm leaving in two days and I have NO OTHER BAG to use. She mentioned using a paperclip and my heart dropped, I didn't want a paperclip in my bag or to hold it together...what if it would damage it even more? Then the SA said how about this and she disappeared and came out with a brand new bag. She said she spoke to her manager about it and can give me a new bag replacement since I was visiting and would have no bag and my bag looks really new, which I purchased in May so it was okay. I am so grateful and she even gave me the dust bag. I now have an extra Gucci dust bag! (Retail at $892348742765847!) LOL No really, the extra dust bag is HUGE! And thank goodness I carry the receipt with me for proof that my bag was purchased in May. Lesson learned: I'm never running with Miss Gucci or overload it with a million things. Thank goodness it wasn't Miss Gucci AU, she's limited edition and I wouldn't be able to have her replaced or fixed. I'm ashamed of myself that I don't take care of my bags as well as I thought I do. >=[
More pictures for the next post... it takes forever to upload them and I have a million of them!
I hope you get into the school; and will be successful as a Pharmacist. I am happy the Gucci bag problem was resolved quickly to your benefit.
ReplyDeleteMy uncle is a pharmacist! that's cool..
ReplyDeletebtw... the lychee drink looks yum!
*loves*