Monday, August 10, 2009

Haul, Beach, More Haul, & Miami. =D

Okay so let's start with Friday. I went shopping with my mom at Waterford Lakes and got some new clothes. =] I know, I know, I shouldn't be shopping anymore especially since I've like announced a ban on myself like ages ago but 30% off of everything in stores!! You can't pass that up! Especially if mommy is there to say you can buy whatever you want. XD I got some new jeans from the new Aeropostale line and they are so comfy! I love them and can't wait to wear them out... I also picked up a couple of tank tops, I know, like I need anymore of those. haha. Then at night I went to pick up Lizzy because we had a fun-filled day ahead of us! But that night my cousins came over to give me my sunscreen and I guess say hi to Lizzy. My mom made us some mango smoothies and then I found out that our rice bin was out of rice so Lizzy and I decided to take the 50lb. bag of rice and pour it into the bin. OMG! That's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life especially when Miss Lizzy thinks that I could pick up a 50lb. bag all by myself! Thank goodness we didn't make a mess and we did manage to fill up the bin. Go us! =]]

Saturday, of course Lizzy and I didn't go to bed until like 4am so when I phone went off at 5:30am, I totally ignored it until like 7am. We were supposed to leave at 7am but the sun wasn't even out yet around 6am so I snoozed my phone. After another couple more snoozes, Lizzy and I took turns calling Ian who I got to be the driver (you're my hero forever! haha). When he didn't answer our first 4 calls we thought we were never going to make it out to the beach until he called me back saying he was up all night and will be over soon.




We got to the beach at exactly 8am when there was no one in sight. The water was freezing like usual. When it got later in the morning the waves were killer! Lizzy and I got hit with seven consecutive waves when we were out there when Ian fell asleep tanning. haha! Lizzy and I found out that if we held hands, we wouldn't get beat as bad and that was after I hit sand bottom and scratched my chin. It hurts so bad and I didn't know how bad it was until I got home. =[ I hope it heals soon because it just looks so horrible. Aside from that, I saved Lizzy's life quite a few times with my lack of swimming skills and then I established that I need swimming classes. Lizzy and Ian thinks that won't even help my case even though I saved their lives a couple times too... not to mention every time a wave hit one of them would most likely land on top of me. And being the one that can't swim well I did a pretty good job swimming out and back in and to where I can't reach the bottom. =] We left pretty early compared to the usual time. Our fatty-ness took over so we went searching for food and Chick-Fil-A and cheesecake came to mind... Ian drove pretty far to find one and we ended up at Merrit Mall in the middle of Cocoa Beach. We got our food and got to my house around 3:30. We came back with enough sand on us to build a sand castle in my bathroom, unintentionally. And I got tanner but not enough to be Leo Black just yet. Yes, I'm still trying to aim for that haha or maybe Serpa Black. lmao! I was so tired after dropping Lizzy off and went to bed at 10pm, the earliest since summer started.

After Ian dropped us off at my house, Lizzy and I got cleaned up to head to MAC to get some guard makeup. I thought it would be a good time to go since we're tanner and redder from the sun and that would work a bit. We ended up splitting the cost of three eye shadows that I think we're going to bring back and go somewhere else for the shadows because we bought the goldest shadow they had with a yellow to try to make it more dramatic. Lizzy said it just looks horrible so maybe we'll keep Carbon... We'll have to see. I think using a pigment is going to be better and it will be actually gold looking. I'm also thinking of using bronze gold rather than yellow gold. Yellow just tickles me funny when it's super bright and not knowing what to do with it. But my personal haul, I got a MAC blush, lipstick, and mascara. The blush cost the most but I think it's better than Sephora.

Satin powder blush in Fleur Powder.

This one is my favorite! Lipstick in Blankety, pink nude.

So gorgeous! I can't wait to buy all their lipsticks, haha!

Zoom Lash Mascara in Zoomblack.

I normally don't wear makeup but I'm starting to love it! =D And I'm so interested in getting the 88 Shimmer Palette from Coastal Scents.

I love it! =D

Sunday, my family and I took a trip out to Miami to visit one of my aunts and uncles that I had no idea lived in Miami. We left at 7am. They've lived in Miami for a while and has a logan and mango tree in their backyard. We also treated them out to dim sum.



Before heading back to their house, they wanted to buy some stuff at an oriental supermarket and Bobo and I wondered off and came across a bubble tea place. We ordered a mango and lychee bubble slush and a Taiwanese Shaved Ice. It was sooo GOOD! I got the jelly toppings that I wanted and for $3.75 it was huge and enough for Bobo and me and leftovers. The only thing that wasn't pleasant was the 30 minute wait it took for them to get everything done. Especially when we were sort of in a hurry to leave. My mom went in there and sort of bitched out. They take orders like all at once and then make the drinks instead of taking the order and make the drinks like normal people would do? Either way I wouldn't see myself back there anyway haha. We drove around Miami Beach and the beach was so gorgeous! I didn't get out of the car when we stopped by for a brief minute because it was so sunny that I would have fried right up and the fact that my face was already red and it hurts too.

Mango tree, all the mangos were picked already.

Logan tree. =] I only had two of them when we came back. I like lychee better and in the form of a slush/smoothie.



My aunt and uncle gave us so much mangos and logans and a little tree to plant in our backyard so we can one day have our own mango tree. haha. It was definitely a weekend that was fun enough to make me want to sleep all week. =D

1 comment: