Sunday, September 6, 2009

Victory is Our Cry.



Yesterday was the first college football game I've ever went to and performed in. It was so much fun! The day started out early as usual and going to the trailer way early to get a good parking spot, or what we have established, my parking spot. haha. It was so hot during our 1pm-3pm practice and the whole band was required to wear this game practice "uniform" of the Knights shirt and shorts. They just made it worse since the shorts where black and the shirt covered most of me. I usually just practice in soffees and a tank top and sometimes maybe a sports bra. And this week we had a million high schoolers join us on the field as we performed our first show Tributes to Michael Jackson so the guard instructor taught us super easy flag work to teach the kids. For the first time ever, I spun a pre-game flag and that flag is weighted so oddly. There's a bolt on the tip of the flag making my tosses weird. Haha not that I don't toss weirdly enough. Before we ended practice, we did a run of pre-game, which is my absolute favorite. I can do a million run-thrus of pre-game is I could. I don't know, it's just so much fun marching it. After practice concluded, Lesline, Denise, Josette, and I walked from the trailer to the Rehearsal Hall where we were being fed and to get ready. The line was so long for food but thank goodness it went fast... It took me a while to do my makeup with poor lighting inside the Rehearsal Hall. I had 5 minutes to eat my food and stuffed down a sandwich before leaving for circles. I'm glad I decided to eat last because then I wouldn't have enough time to do my makeup haha.




I performed in front of all these people!

We won! =D

Thursday, my day off from school, hahaha I went to Menchies for the first time ever. It was a lot smaller than I thought it was. I got a strawberry bananas frozen yogurt with cherries, strawberries, blueberries, and cheesecake bits. It was good, my only complaint is that the frozen yogurt has such a strong artificial flavor to it. The cheesecake bits where amazing. I think the next time I'm just going to get the cheesecake bits with some fruits instead. haha.


Aerie's A-List free gift Thursday! It's a pair of panties this month.

I had pho with my aunt, uncle, grandma, and cousins. SO GOOD!

I ate the WHOLE thing, pretty much. It was a large bowl too. I'm such a fatty. =]

1 comment: