This is Ching Ching, she's from Australia. =] My koo-jie, (aunt, younger sister of my daddy) bought me her before I left Australia. She's currently hanging in my car. =D
I'm such a blog whore, really. I don't even know how I find all these blogs but they are so useful, like the one I found yesterday. I was on my phone and the app iWant was asking to be updated. Let me tell you, I haven't used iWant in a LONG time... I sort of forgot it was on my phone.
Anyway, I decided to do a random search of some places that might have good food. I mean, as much as I love my mommy's home cooking, I can only handle so much especially if there's rice in every dish. I may be Asian but I am American, and sometimes I just don't mind for a plain American salad. Moving on, I somehow stumbled upon Tasty Chomps, a blog about food reviews around my area and more. That's when I came across Ba Le Bakery and Restaurant that has Banh Mi, which is a Vietnamese sub-sandwhich on a French baguette. So I got up and got ready to leave around 1pm to go buy some Banh Mi because that's just want I've been craving for since I've came back from LA. BUT, when I got there is was CLOSED, they're closed on Wednesday and iWant did not tell me that after taking that drive out there. I wasn't going to come home empty-handed so when I was stopping at the traffic light I saw Boston Bakery and Cafe.
They had a sign that said Banh Mi baguette!! I've seen this place a few times and I always assumed they sold Asian cakes not Vietnamese eats so I went in. Omg! I don't even know where to start about this place. I parked in the back and walked around to the front because I didn't want to park in the front and then have to turn around again, that's just a hassle. There were some people there and it's just a really, really small place. When I walked in there, it was so HOT! One of the guys turned the fan on but it was like going into an oven! And a fresh pan of baguettes were just taken out of the oven and a guy was fanning them, I guess to cool! A Vietnamese lady greeted me and I ordered a BBQ Banh Mi which is the number 8 but she didn't speak English! I'm pointing to the picture and saying number 8 and she was so confused... then she was like okay and I guess she got my order. I saw there was a sign for Banh Kep, waffles!! It reminded me when I was in Australia eating the coconut Banh Keps so I had to buy one and try it. It wasn't as pretty as the ones from Cabramatta, it's just a plain waffle-looking Banh Kep. I waited FOREVER for my Banh Mi and Banh Kep to be ready. Behind me where some Vietnamese people that got there order before me, I guess because they can speak Vietnamese. Fast forwarding...haha, after about 10 minutes I finally got my Banh Mi and Banh Kep and left... the temperature inside was the same outside. haha. Anyway, I didn't buy anything to drink because goodness who knows how long I'll have to wait for them to make me a boba tea so I decided to go to Starbucks and get an iced green tea. I went to get gas and headed home so I can eat my yummy food. When I got home, I didn't get my number 8, she gave me like the regular Banh Mi. =[
Banh Mi and Banh Kep! It was good but I definitely prefer the one from LA, they have the BEST Banh Mi!
Then I came home and took pictures of my dog. =]]
And I tried taking one with him too, LOL.
No comments:
Post a Comment